Making some progress

I am now waiting for my third interview for a certain job that I consider quite well paid, with some extras to it, and where I can see myself working, though it would mean acting out a different version of myself -almost as when working three months for Ensenyament- so I can adjust to a Corporate Assistant Profile.

But... I have also been contacted several times via e-mail and phone for a more interesting project, at least as far as I can see right now, but with a much minor expectation salarywise and in terms of extras, security, and so on. This is, I have been contacted to take part in the setting up of a certain art gallery, first virtual and later on real, in Barcelona. The major problem is I have not been able to actually see anything related to this project, so I can not guess how far it is in the future nor how serious it shall be. It is more attractive to me, yet it may even vanish in thin air after a while, or just never happen. I have read information on previous projects taken up by this person, but I haven't found anything recent and have not received his promised files yet. Also... I was quite taken towards it in the beguinning, so when I was asked to name my expected salary I went too low for an initial negotiation, reckoning it is a new project to start off virtually from scratch, and I thought the moment I sent my reply I should have asked for something a bit higher.

And, right now, I have been contacted via telephone regarding a job I applied for, had a terrible line on the phone, and had to repeat my words over and over, and ask my interviewer to repeat what he said... and he ended by hanging up on me! I ran out to a better area for my mobile, returned his phone call, explained what happened... and failed to get a chance to talk to him again!

__

Update: Seems like I've lost the well-paid job.

0 comments: