China calling

People around me are joking all the time about China. The New Market is after you, look! Chinese Noodles for dinner! and blahblahblah.

Reason? My friend JL (not J-Lo!) is planning to move to China to invest in or start a new business. He's more on the commercial side than practical minded, so he asked me to help him, as a P.A.-friendly hand. Got tons of info, went to institutions with him to find out about paperwork, talked his plans over and over with him, went to Speeches on Opportunities in China, read -partly, ok- two books on Chinese Investments and Economics. He was offering me a small pay while I finished my course, plus the chance to work for him from Bcn once it all started turning.

Now am really down in cash, and have received no further money nor tasks to do, and I spoke to him while at the Chinese Culture Expo -12 hours of music, speeches, kanji, fung fu, you name it- and said I really needed to get some extra cash in, would jump for a job as soon as I finished my course... and he simply said he'd stopped his project temporarily. It is quite more complicated than he'd originally thought. Ha- I'm glad he realized, as a friend, but am also really pissed off he hadn't warned me.

He had originally told me not to look for a job for the moment, as I'd have to cooperate with him almost full-time by March! -I know him, so I hadn't believed much of this, but hey, some extra income I was expecting!

0 comments: