The worst interview since...

Had this interview yesterday, for an interesting job: Marketing Assistant -plus sales dept. and purchasing dept. assistant, according to the description- for some company who investigates in Biology.

I am not a biologist, nor have any knowledge, but have been in touch with teams investigating viruses and have translated and co-written some essays and articles. In short, am interested in this field.

Phoned J., my closest biologist, to ask him if he knew who the company could be -no name given, but a general reference to its location- and end up with a briefing on bio-words and other jargon I should use to impress ;)

By the time I get to the interview, my hopes high as I'd got a really quick reply to my application, I was almost visualizing how to deal with the bio-philosophical connections during our talk, but...

BUT!

The person who interviewed me was totally useless!!! When I told her I happened to be in touch with biology, as I'd collaborated with a team in quite a few publications, she got nervious and started shouting at me WELL, THEY HAVEN'T ASKED FOR ANY OF THAT ANYWAY, IT WOULD BE ASKING TOO MUCH THAT THE SECRETARY SHOULD ALSO BE A BIOLOGIST!!!!

I kept a low profile after that, not asking any further questions to Miss Dumface Fishmouth Insight, when she asked if I had any further question.

The only guess is the psicologist was off sick, and some kid from the office was sent to check out a couple of us, and screen for the next round. Sigh!

Good job I hadn't brought with me the documentation on conferences and journals I'd been involved with!!!

0 comments: