First week balance

I started last Friday, so we can consider I've worked at my new office for a week now. The doubt comes from the long week-end, as Monday was a bank holiday.

The office itself is great -my part. It's nice, well designed, daylight streaming in through the window/wall... and good, comfortable, efficient furniture. Which in Spain is not that easy to find in an office!

The people at the firm are really helpful and nice. Silence is the thing that most shocks me -again, in Spain...- and how the team is so young, but am realizing how and why. Am really glad to start working here now, as they are just starting to implement new procedures and quality control processes for virtually everything, from documents to contacts' information... which is really needed. No way to find out where the Canon card or warranty was for this fax machine that seems to be almost new but sticks all the time -hey, if it's new, get it seen to!

The location is really convenient to me, and though there shall be no summer hours -many Spanish companies work only from 8 to 15 in August, or July/August- there are other things that compensate.

Finally, I have noticed how many of my suggestions as to implementing this system rather than that one, or how to optimize certain procedures, have been taken with surprised delight. They were looking for someone who'd get involved with the re-structuring of the company's systems, and they found Me, a suggest-aholic, so they are beaming every time I say 'Actually...'

So? I am really glad I took this job, and didn't jump to one of the other two offers I got the first day at this company.

0 comments: